July 2, 2011

Creative Sterilization

So here I am, stumbling through life and trying to grab happiness wherever I can find it. I graduated from COB in May and I've been trying to find a good job since (as well as overcome a series of unfortunate events involving several monsters and scary creatures, but that's not what this is about).

As much as I attribute being busy with school to my lack of time spent on this blog and writing in general, I have done little since indeed finishing school.

I'm in a new physical environment and my computer has been in the shop for the last week. So, I've spent a lot of time thinking about and tweaking ideas, rather than writing scenes and lines.

I have a whole slew of play ideas now and a whole new problem. I keep asking myself, 'why do I want to tell this story?'. I wonder if these stories can have subtext. Maybe I'm putting the cart before the horse, but I just keep trying to create something that's interesting but still a part of me. When I write, just write without complications, the plot lines just come out naturally. I don't force them... I don't think I can. So, I wonder how much of myself do I pursue in my writing...

Monsters can sterilize the mind. I'm fighting the urge to give up. They just keep sucking the life out of me. But I'm holding onto my wand for dear life... Can't let the monsters win.

No comments:

Post a Comment